Global Scanning Clinic Futako-tamagawa is committed to providing safe and appropriate medical care to our patients. We recognize that it is our important responsibility to appropriately protect the “personal information of our patients”. We have established the following policy regarding the protection of patients' personal information, and will ensure that all staff members are fully aware of the policy and work to protect personal information.
1. Collection, use and provision of personal information
We will collect personal information to the extent necessary to provide safe and appropriate medical care to patients. We will inform you of the purpose of use of such information in advance, and will not, in principle, use the information beyond the scope of such purpose or provide it to a third party, except in the following cases.
- ◆ When we have obtained the patient's consent
- ◆ When the information is used only after it has been processed in such a way that individuals cannot be identified
- ◆ When required by law or when the protection of life is a priority
2. Security Management of Personal Information
The company will endeavor to keep patients' personal information accurate and up-to-date. We will also implement appropriate information security measures to protect personal information from loss, destruction, alteration, leakage, unauthorized access, etc., and strive to safely manage personal information.
3. Disclosure and correction of personal information
If a patient requests disclosure of his/her personal information, we will confirm the content of the information without delay and respond in accordance with our disclosure procedures. In addition, if a patient requests correction or suspension of use of his/her personal information, we will investigate and respond appropriately.
4. Compliance with related laws, regulations, and guidance
The clinic will comply with laws, regulations, guidance, and other standards related to the protection of personal information, and will work to continuously improve its handling of personal information.
5. Inquiry Desk
Inquiries regarding this policy are accepted at the reception desk.